31 Jul 2011

Through the Garden Mirror

DSC_0634

You’ve got to love it when your two favourite garden adornments go on sale – buy one get one free! Oh how to decide? Uh, duh! This cathedral window shaped mirror has haunted me for well over a year now – definitely a gorgeous addition but always just the other side of justification. The perfect accent feature for the rare and unusual border, helping to add a sense of depth to a rather straight, narrow space!

DSC_0629  DSC_0631 This handsome glazed water bowl was my freebie! I love the colours, and its size is perfect for collecting rainwater. It could easily house a few water plants should the idea present itself in coming years. I must remember to bring both of these striking additions inside for the winter months!

DSC_0633 DSC_0641 DSC_0645and to close, a couple of my favourites in the throes of passionate bloom!

6 comments:

GRACE PETERSON said...

Great finds, Barry and they look wonderful in your garden. Beautiful blue blooms too!

Frieda said...

Bonjour,
I discover and love your beautiful garden
Frieda

Unknown said...

What great finds! Love the way the mirror reflects light back into the garden. And the water bowl is to be coveted through the blogsphere.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Sweetie I am totally jealous of that amazing gorgeous mirror !
I want one too !!
Joy : )

Shirley @ The Gardening Life said...

That is a terrific mirror. It reminds me of the old gothic churches of Normandy.

cheryl said...

I love the mirror Barry! I have a few in me own garden and their relfections bring another dimension. Congratulations!